Casino Gambling Facts Trivia at gamerisms
Casino Gambling Facts Trivia is a snapshot report about the favorite
pastime of exciting gaming entertainment available to passionate
players worldwide before and now.gamerisms embarks on a global fact
finding mission to report about
casino history, online
games and land casinos, casino players data,
revenue and regional markets worldwide plus the Winners & Legends.
This report is of a general nature. The Game Facts Trivia series
provide seven reports for the specific casino games of blackjack,
craps, slots, video poker, roulette, poker and sportsbetting.
To gamble with a leading bitcoin casino site, choose CoinRoyale.com
reputed to be one of the top bitcoin gambling sites.
- History: Casino Gambling Facts Trivia
- The Italians gave us the term casino
meaning a small country villa, summer house or
pavilion. Since then,
casinos have evolved into gambling
- Gambling is recorded in Chinese history back in
Romans, French and British gamblers have all taken to games of chance
throughout their long histories.
- 85% of American adults have gambled at least once in their
- Venice established the first gambling house or casino in 1638 for
- The gambling facts trivia are that the first casino opened
United States in 1931. As of 2011, the gross gaming revenue from almost
1,500 land casinos totaled $34.6 billion.
- It is a sure bet that some form of gambling has been practiced
universally for a great many years.
- Land Casinos Worldwide: Casino
Gambling Facts Trivia
- Land casinos with the lights, bells, shouts of victory and loud
music create the thrills for players looking for challenging games and
- Most casinos offer hotels, fine dining, shopping, spa and live
entertainment. While not land
casinos, but with all the amenities mentioned are located on
cruise ships too.
- Definitely sign up for your Players Club Card at participating
casinos to collect points and redeem for comps.
- European casino visitors consider the venture a social event that
requires above casual dress and an entrance fee. Formal attire is
requested for Monte Carlo, arguably—the world’s finest casino.
- The gambling facts trivia are that globally recognized casino
gambling markets--established and emerging--listed by revenues highest
to lowest are Macau, Las Vegas, Singapore, France, Atlantic City, US,
Australia, South Korea, Germany, South Africa, UK and Poland.
- Worldwide regions listed by high to low casino revenues are: US,
Asia/Pacific, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Canada and Latin America.
- Under the heading of unusual land casino locations as viewed by
North Americans would be the casinos of Nepal at Kathmandu,
Philippines, Japan, Chile and Argentina. How about Tunisia, Egypt,
Morocco and the world renowned Sun City Resort in South Africa?
- After this mini travelogue, you can return to your home
computer for this next segment.
- Online Games: Casino Gambling Facts
- Online gambling is a worldwide phenomenon with access,
convenience, 24/7 play and no travel time as the major selling points.
- An amazingly wide variety of online games are available for
different player interests to include the popular poker with several
versions, a long list of familiar casino games that are generally
either table games or slots, sportsbetting, bingo, lotteries and
- There are the additions of mobile gaming, live
dealers and In-play gambling that allows players to place wagers while
an event is in progress. For example, a football or soccer
- H2 Gambling Capital estimates worldwide online gambling
revenue at $30 billion in 2012 excluding lottery and skill games with
an expected increase to $40 billion by 2015.
- H2 reports further that the global mobile gambling market is
posed to expand to about $24 billion (€19bn) by 2018.
- Additionally, a benefit of online play is many more markets can
now offer unique games that were only available at land casinos located
in certain regions of the globe before.
- Examples are Sic Bo, Pontoon, Chemin de Fer, Badugi Poker, Punto
Banco, Chinese and Pusoy Poker.
- This benefit extends to skill game players where online games are
available for chess, backgammon, many rummy versions, billiards,
mahjong, dominoes and checkers. This list is
endless if you toss in word, puzzle, dice and tile games online.
- To compete with land casinos, the online gaming industry has
stepped up with generous welcome bonuses, promotions, frequent
tournaments and Players Club points that can easily match land casinos.
- Additionally, online gambling houses can boast of better slot
payouts that are audited and posted at their sites in comparison to
- Browsers who have not gambled before are now paying attention and
many claim that online gambling is equally as much fun as going to land
- One of the important factors for newbies is that they do not face
the intimidation from veteran gamblers as with land casinos,
specifically with tables games online including poker.
- The casino gambling facts trivia are that online gaming allows
novice players the opportunity to practice and perfect their playing
skills before attempting play with the more seasoned players.
- Male-Female Casino Players Worldwide:
Casino Gambling Facts Trivia
- Male gamblers had dominated Asian culture; however, casino
operators are moving to design service offerings that are more
attractive to female and leisure consumers, as they represent a large
potential casino clientele.
- The number of women playing
online games in the UK has increased four times from 2007 to
The number of women at online casinos is now almost as high as number
of men. The reasons for this shift are access, convenience and an
environment where women feel safer, away from the prying eyes they
might encounter from males at land casinos.
- The response from online casinos has been to offer
female-oriented online games and online bingo halls.
- In the US, the typical land casino gambler was middle-aged,
likely to be female, and slightly better educated with a higher average
- The average online poker player worldwide stats: 73.8% are male,
roughly 30% are between the ages of twenty-six and thirty-five, 26.8%
play from two to three times every week and 34% play both regular cash
tables and in tournaments.
- Casino gambling facts trivia reveal that the average online
gambler worldwide stats are 55% female, 29.5% are between the ages of
forty-six and fifty-five, 37% play two to three times each week and
22.4% have been gambling online for over two years and play from one to
two hours each gambling session.
- Winners & Legends: Casino Gambling
- Japanese property developer, Akio Kashiwagi is on record as one
of the world’s leading gamblers. He bets $20 million an hour. He won
$19 million in 1990 in a casino at Darwin, Australia and $6 million at
Trump Plaza, Atlantic City.
- The largest progressive slot jackpot to date at a land casino of
$39,713,982. won on 3/21/03 at an IGT Megabucks machine at the
Excalibur in Las Vegas. The winner, who requested anonymity, was a
25-year-old software engineer from Los Angeles.
- William Lee Bergstrom from Austin, Texas decided to test the
Binion claim that Binion would book any bet, no matter how large, as
long as you make it your first. Bergstrom arrived with a suitcase
filled with $777,000 that he bet on the Don’t Pass line at craps. The
shooter established a point of six and then sevened out two rolls
later. Bergstrom took his original $777,000 and his win of $777,000 and
Bergstrom came back and won a single $590,000 bet, a couple of smaller
wins and lastly, his famous $1million bet that he lost.
Unfortunately, 3 months later Bergstrom killed himself at a Strip hotel
ahead by $647,000.
- Archie Karas, a Greek immigrant, provided one of the greatest
runs in Vegas history. Starting with a borrowed stake of ten thousand
dollars, Archie conquered the game of poker at Binion’s Horseshoe,
defeating 15 of the world’s greatest poker players in head-to-head
competition. Truly, one of the astounding gambling facts trivia.
Archie then turned to the craps tables where he won millions more. At
one point in his run, Archie possessed all of the Horseshoe’s $5,000
chips, over 11 million dollars worth. When the run was over, Archie was
up over 17 million dollars between poker and craps, all at the
- In 2004 when Paul Newey, known for wagers up to £300,000 per spin
on roulette, took £3 million from the Star City Casino in Birmingham,
UK, he forced owners Stanley Leisure to issuing a profit warning.
- Millions upon millions of dollar wins in a single night are
credited to Malaysian tycoons Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay and Quek Leng Chan,
Indonesia’s Putera Sampoerna and Hustler founder Larry Flynt.
- It is one of those gambling facts trivia that is the most written
about, most admired, and, to some casinos--the most feared modern
gambler was, now deceased, Australian billionaire, Kerry Packer.
When the Aspinalls Club in London, UK ran out of money and was forced
to close its doors in May 1990, it was Kerry Packer’s name that came up.
On the other side of the pond, there was his $US26 million winning
night at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.However, in 1987, he lost £8 million in
a single night at London’s Ritz casino.
Also, in 2001 at a place called Vegas, he dropped around $30 million
playing baccarat, one of his 2 favorite games. The other being
To get a sense as to why admiration was heaped upon him by fellow
gamblers, Kerry got more joy from the request to find another
gambling house than the £10 million win he took from one casino.
The roller coaster ride of massive wins and losses of the legend named
Packer are what dreams are made of for
passionate casino players and these stories never grow old.
Good Luck to all Casino Players whatever your gambling choice!
Gambling Facts Trivia to Casino
Facts Trivia SeriesGambling
At gamerisms.com, we are attentive about getting the word out
about the language of sports and games; however, we ask your assistance
and consideration in promoting us.
Click link below that reads, "Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward.
Here's how..." to add a link to your site, blog or personal page.