Soccer Facts Trivia at gamerisms
You will find the Soccer Facts Trivia
below to be informative and entertaining, whether you are a soccer
enthusiast or just a casual fan.
Trivia to Tennis Game Terms
Other Sports Clicks
Cricket Game Terms
- The Uruguay national team defended home turf and won the
event in 1930 for the first World Cup. Thirteen teams entered, two from North America,
seven from South America and four from Europe. 93,000 fans attended the first World Cup final in 1930. Host
country Uruguay defeated Argentina 4-2.
- Brazil leads all nations with five world cup victories.
- The FIFA World Cup is held every four years in a different
- The name of the original World Cop trophy was the Jules Rimet Cup.
All About Pelé at Soccer Facts
- Pelé (Brazil) is
the youngest goal scorer in World Cup history at 17 years 239 days.
- In 1999, the IFFHS voted Pelé the Football Player of the Century.
- Pelé started his career at age 15 playing for Santos in Brazil.
- Pelé scored a career total 760 official goals making him the top
scorer of all-time.
- The two most famous goals in World Cup history The hand of God and The Goal of the Century were scored
by Diego Maradona of Argentina both in the
same game against England in the quarterfinals of the 1986 World Cup.
- Brazil and Germany have reached the finals of the World Cup seven
times leading all nations as of this writing.
- Ronaldo of Brazil scored fifteen goals in his World Cup finals
career the most by any player.
- Just Fontaine holds the record for most goals scored in a single
World Cup tournament with thirteen goals scored in 1958.
- Real Madrid from Spain holds nine UEFA Champions League titles
leading all European clubs.
- Leo Messi scored 63 goals and had 12 assists in 55 games during
the 2011-2012 season.
- Soccer Facts Trivia: Who
is the oldest player to score a goal in the World Cup? Roger Milla
(Cameroon) 42 years 39 days.
- The fastest goal in World Cup history is 10.89 seconds, Hakan
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 296 career goals and is widely
recognized as one of the top two players in the world today.
- It is a myth that pads in goalies shorts prevents injury. Testing
shows that the padding in goalie shorts are not sufficient to prevent
- Soccer Facts Trivia:
a red jersey makes you a better home team. This is not a myth, a study
done in England shows that the teams that wore red jerseys at home had
a better home record over a 55 year period.
- Zinedine Zidane was ejected during the 2006 World Cup final for
butting Marc Materazzi in the chest. Italy went on to win in penalty
- In 1938 Italian footballer Giuseppe Meazza's shorts fell down as
was about to attempt a penalty kick. He fixed his wardrobe malfunction
and scored the penalty while the goalie was still laughing.
At gamerisms.com, we are attentive about getting the word out
about the language of sports and games; however, we ask your assistance
and consideration in promoting us.
Click link below that reads, "Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward.
Here's how..." to add a link to your site, blog or personal page.