Games & Teams
Basketball Facts Trivia
- In 1940, the first basketball game was aired on TV in the United States,
- In January 2, 1998, the Garrett Falcons Varsity Boys Basketball team made the most number of three point shots in a single game, with 32 shots going through for a final score of 117 to the opponent's 39.
- Unsurprisingly, the USA basketball team has scored the most number of Olympic gold medals since the sport was introduced to the Games in 1936. They won their 13th in the 2008 Beijing Games.
- The New York Nicks won 12 straight games against the Boston Celtics in 1995 and were the first to do so.
- The largest crowd to witness a basketball game was logged in February 14, 2010 for the NBA All-Star Game in Dallas, Texas with 108,713 viewers in attendance.
- The longest marathon playing basketball, with the final scores logged at 9900-8169 was played in July 1-5 2010 in Hungary. The game was played for a straight 107 hours where no rest breaks were taken.