Craps is another country, a kingdom with its own legends, myths, rites, rituals, superstitions and its own language.The citizens of Crapsylvania are a cantankerous, narrow-minded bunch and you had better learn their customs and concerns because they certainly won't tolerate any deviation from their patterns. Therefore the need for my craps to English dictionary
- The first word you should know is a compound word: come-out, that is the start of a craps game, as in "shooter on the come-out roll!" Next are the words pass and don't pass. These words have nothing to do with making moves on the ladies, but merely two bets that can be made on the table.
- Here are other bets that can be made at craps: Craps, which are the numbers 2, 3, and 12 in tandem or alone; yo=the number 11; Big Red=the number 7. Yes, the seven is dreaded if you are a right bettor=betting with the shooter and against the appearance of the seven, but it is not dreaded by a wrong bettor=betting against the shooter and for the seven.
- Boxcars are the two six-spot dice, while a boxman is the person who sits in the middle of the table and oversees that the game is handled properly by the dealers who run the game. Little Joe is a hard four, while Ada from Decatur is a hard eight and snake eyes are the two one-spot dice.
- A sleeper is a bet that has been left behind on the table while its owner has left on the table in his rush to leave the game and, perhaps, the casino. Single, double, and triple odds are not some weird couplings but how much you can proportionally increase your pass, don't pass, come and don't come bets when they are on the number. So, too, with 5X, 10X, 20X and 100X odds, which are not shirt sizes, but bet sizes.
- A proposition at craps one of the bets in the middle of the layout that has a high house edge.
- Vig or vigorish is another term for the house edge.
- The field is an area on the layout where you can wager that one of the following numbers will hit on the next roll: 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12. To make your point is to hit the number you must hit before the seven shows in order to be a winner!
- A hop bet is not made on one foot but is a bet that a specific combo that you pick will appear on the next roll. A hot shooter is someone who's making money for the table by rolling numbers and points.
- The horn bet is a one roll bet that the 2, 3, 11, or 12 will be rolled.
- A place bet is one that is made directly on the box numbers at the top of the layout.
- A crazy crapper is not an insane person but a person who makes insanely poor bets with high house edges at craps, such as the hardways, the hops, the any craps and so on.
This amusing and educational article concludes Craps Facts Trivia report. Before you know it, you'll be able to fit right in at a craps game and be a citizen of Crapsylvania. You'll be able to simultaneously smoke a cigar, talk in a gravelly voice, and curse the fates (men, you'll be able to do this too!)
Knowing some craps facts trivia won’t help a gambler win, but you are sure to be entertained and smile!