General Rummy Trivia
- The origin of the card game called Rummy has been debated for years.
- Some say that Rummy comes from the Spanish card game Conquian, a 19th Century card game.
- It has been put forth that Rummy comes from a French variation of the game of Poker.
- The name Rummy is said to have been derived from the phrase Rum Poker which leads some credence to the theory that Rummy is a variation of Poker.
- It is believed that Rummy may have derived from the Chinese game of Mahjong, played with tiles rather than cards.