General Blackjack Trivia
- Though it is widely believed that the French discovered Blackjack, Italians equally claim their rights over the invention of blackjack.
- The casino game of Blackjack was originally named vingt-et-un which is French for 21.
- The English version of Blackjack is Pontoon.
- Napoleon was an avid player of 21, even after his exile.
- A rule variation coined the term blackjack as payouts went to the player who held the Jack of Spades.
- Blackjack arrived in America after the French Revolution.
- Blackjack was banned in the United States at the beginning of the 19th Century until 1931.