The Dart Board
Darts Facts Trivia
- It is believed that soldiers used to throw short arrows into casks or trunks of trees. Over time, the battlefield pastime evolved into a pub game.
- Originally, patrons would throw steel-tipped darts in to circular blocks of elm, which the bar owners would have to soak over night to close the holes up.
- Later, dartboards were made of clay and finally cork. Of course, most dart boards in bars these days are plastic and keep score for you. Quite a progression from arrows and tree trunks.
- On at good dartboard, the metal framework or spider is removable, allowing the owner of the dartboard to rotate the spider and increase the life of the board.
- The maximum allowable length for a dart is 12 inches, although most are 5-6 inches long.