Volleyball Facts Trivia
- The sport is not only played in high schools and colleges throughout the USA, but is featured in the Olympics and international tournaments worldwide.
- This Volleyball report covers the rich history of interesting facts, figures and people of the game.
- Although it's a surprise to many people, volleyball is the second most popular sport in the world today behind soccer. It is played all across the world and in many different forms of competition.
- The game takes many of its characteristics from other sports that were popular at the time of its inception, such as handball, badminton and tennis.
- Volleyball was originally called mintonette, because it shared many of the same ideas as badminton.
- The Volleyball Hall of Fame is located in Holyoke, Massachusetts. The location was chosen because the game is believed to have been invented at the YMCA in town.