General Billiards Trivia
- The first game of billiards was played in the 15th Century.
- Shakespeare wrote of Billiards in his work Anthony and Cleopatra.
- Billiards was an outdoor sport played similar to Croquet in the 1300s.
- King Louis XI of France owned the first indoor Billiards table.
- Mary Queen of Scots was buried in her billiard table's cloth.
- 1689 was the first mention of pool hustlers.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart would relax by playing a game of billiards.
- During the 1800s, Billiards was illegal in Virginia. Thomas Jefferson built his home to conceal a billiards room so he could play without worry of prosecution.
- Billiards was the first sport to have a World Championship in 1873.