Cricket Facts Trivia
- During the last century- the 20th century, many other countries became test-playing nations. According to Cricket Game Facts, they are West Indies, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe (Southern Rhodesia) and Bangladesh.
- Other countries playing cricket, but not Test cricket are Canada, Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, Hong Kong and Kenya.
- There is a lot of money now coming into cricket through one-day matches of 60 or 50 overs each. Since weather often interferes with the game, there is an infamous Duckworth-Lewis formula to decide how many overs should be played after the weather interference is known.
- Even that takes a day, and now people can only spend the evening at the ground. So, we have come up with 20 overs a side games. Weather interferes with these games too.
- There are many disputes regarding the greatest cricketer of all times. Among them are Don Bradman, Sir Vivian Richards, Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Abbas, David Gower, Jack Hobbs, and Greg Chappell, Garfield Sobers, Hall, Gilchrist, and other speed merchants of West Indies.
There are endless interesting facts and debates for those who play the game of Cricket and to those who play cricket only in their sitting rooms.