At Gamerisms, we have extensively defined the top 10 sport games worldwide, however we wanted more to offer passionate players and fans around the globe.
In selecting the sport games: Olympics, Boxing, Table Tennis and Badminton for this Sports Facts Trivia entry, it was our intention to create a mood equal to watching the excitement of these games/sports live. There are oddball facts about the origin of a sport, famous names and player info in the mix. It is our belief that while you know some facts and trivia, others will surprise and amaze you.
Olympics Games Sports Facts Trivia
- The Olympic games date back to ancient Greece but the official modern games as we know them started in 1896 and was founded by Baron Pierre de Coubertin, a Frenchman.
- The five rings on the Olympic flag symbolize the five participating continents in the world interlocked in friendship.
- The Olympic Games occurred for the first time in US at St. Louis, Mo. in 1904.
- Canada has presented 3 Olympics: 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal,1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary and 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
- No games were held during 1916, 1940 and 1944 due to WWI and WWII.
- Up until the 1912 games, the gold medals awarded were made entirely of gold.
- The Greek team always leads the opening ceremony procession. The last team is the hosting country and the order of the teams in the middle is in alphabetical order.