Tennis Facts Trivia
- The shortest match recorded was just 20 minutes when during the Wimbledon tournament of 1969, Susan M.Tutt beat Marion Bandy; the score was 6-0, 6-0.
- In the past, the guts of tennis rackets were made of sheep and cow guts.
- Tennis facts trivia reports that the youngest Wimbledon Women’s Champion of the previous century was Martina Hingis. At the end of the 1999 French Open, Martina stormed off the court and was later returned by her mother.
- Tennis balls must weigh from 2 to 2 1/16 ounces.
- Tracy and John Austin are the American brother and sister pair who won the mixed double championship of 1980 Wimbledon.
- Jimmy Connors was the only player to actually win the US Open on 3 surfaces; he won two Forest Hills surfaces and one surface at hardcourt on the Flushing Meadows.
- The Women’s Australian tournament started in 1922, whereas the Men’s started in 1905.
Have we captured your interest in the popular game of tennis? If you want more, there is also a glossary and quiz at gamerisms to challenge all players and fans.